As the CBD industry steadily grows more popular, more people want to know what exactly CBD is and its benefits. Let’s take a dive into what smokable CBD is and the many ways it can benefit those who consume.
What is CBD?
CBD is short for cannabidiol and is one of the 200+ cannabinoids found in hemp and cannabis plants. Out of all the active compounds found in Cannabis, CBD is the second most prevalent.
What are the Benefits of Smoking CBD?
Smoking CBD has an array of benefits to those who consume and can even help people quit smoking nicotine! Here are some of the many benefits smoking CBD has:
- Pain Relief – Pain can be debilitating. Research has proven CBD to be an effective option for pain relief. It can help with many types of pain, including inflammation, nerve pain, and chronic pain.
- Reduces Anxiety – Anxiety is a well-known mental health disorder that affects the quality of life of those dealing with it. CBD has been considered a potential treatment for a few different anxiety disorders, because it interacts with serotonin receptors in the body, which regulate mood and social behavior.
- Anti-Cancer – Cancer is a deadly disease that has impacted millions of lives. CBD has the potential to inhibit tumor migration and invasion.
- Seizure – Studies have shown CBD can help significantly reduce the frequency of seizures, which can be helpful for those impacted by epilepsy. In the United States there is an FDA approved drug with a fixed ratio of CBD to help those with seizure disorders.
- Neuroprotectant – CBD has shown potential to help with neurodegenerative conditions, such as Alzheimer’s and ALS.
Out of the different ways to administer cannabinoids, inhaling by vaping or smoking, is the most popular method because it allows consumers to feel the effects quickly. Smoking bypasses the first-pass metabolism, delivering cannabinoids faster to the body than any other route of administration.
Inhaling cannabinoids, no matter how you choose to do it, takes effect between 10 to 15 minutes after inhaling, and the effects can last from two to four hours dependent on the individual. Be sure to follow dosage recommendations and wait the appropriate amount of time before the next dosage.
Will Smoking CBD Make You High?
THC produces psychoactive effects; CBD, however, does not.
In fact, CBD can be used to counteract the euphoric effects of ingesting too much Delta 9 THC. Sometimes, when consuming products with THC, people can reach a level of high that they’re uncomfortable with. CBD can help counteract the high and help you calm down from the panic, anxiety, confusion, and paranoia symptoms that come from ingesting too much THC.
Things to Consider
Make sure the brand of CBD is one you can trust. Look for lab reports and a Certificate of Analysis (COA) conducted by a third-party company to avoid bias. They provide valuable information on CBD products and verify the products are free of anything that can cause consumers harm, such as pesticides and herbicides.